Friday, March 27, 2009

The Long Road Home

ROAD

Heated Arguments

Unshed tears

Wilful demonstrations…..

I recollect my teenage years with angst and amusement

”You don’t understand” had been  my constant refrain

The mea culpa’s after extraordinary adventures..

Stillness and Silence after harming myself and family

Acceptance in my mother’s heart..

Forgiveness in my father’s wisdom…

The encouragement after innumerable failures-real and imagined

Strength after a breakdown…the affliction of of our country’s school finals

All this and more………..

Then there was success –again real and imagined..

Days when I knew  the world better

Days when the world served me bitter lemons

A place of my own-a home of my own

The happy years as an individual

Finding love on the way…..

My journey with my parents..It is still on

The road was long ..It took me time …but  I have reached home ….

()

A

birthday-cake-gif

To Amma and Appa on my 33rd birthday…   

For all that I am today … Love you both

No comments:

Post a Comment