Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Game with Chronos

The Game with Chronos
(Racing against Time)

My opponent -
He works incessantly...Tick Tock, Tick Tock..
Bends over backwards to move ahead of me..
I take a deep breath and look him in the eye
Unabashed , he stares and steps forward.

Steady and assured of my surrender..
He slips forward with a sly smile
Deep within I sense the inevitability of my defeat
And look heavenwards for my share of peace..

On Our Way to Pondy..














Then I heard  a lotus bloom in the marsh..
Silent and Pensive
I paused and stared..
The Stillness soothed my racing heart...

That transcendent moment..
I forgot to speed
Chronos left me with me a smile ...in search of his next victim
I never noticed..
And  realised that I had won the race after all..

No comments:

Post a Comment