Friday, November 27, 2009

An Ode to the Dosa Maker

S...

You wield the metal spoon with a finesse that eludes me
The concentric circles on the pan
Settle down in their rightful place under the sun..
Your movements are measured and efficient
The dosa's golden heart seems to gleam
And the kitchen seems brighter
I blink ..The spell is broken..
And at the right moment
You flip them and drop them into the gaping plates..
The perfect Sunday Brunch





You..
Wait patiently and wield your aura
I run out of steam ..The curses and my raging are consumed by your constancy
The myriad emotions in the kaleidoscope of my confused mind
Settle down and form the brilliant glass flower
Whose radiance drive the bleak thoughts away
The smile on your face grows
The Rainbow's gold glows in my heart
I take your hand and the love courses through my soul
Contentment and peace
In our Almost perfect Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment